Crossroads Care is keeping fully abreast of developments relating to the continued spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) across the UK.
How to get in touch
Crossroad Care Office is open and operating on normal hours. Unfortunately, we have had to temporarily close our Azalea Club, Out & About and Activities services owing to regulations on social distancing. Our One to One service (and Emergency Care service are) is operating normally.
Crossroads Care COVID-19 Statement
Crossroads Care is keeping fully abreast of developments relating to the continued spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) across the UK . We are routinely monitoring developments, reviewing our protocols, and preparing appropriate responses as the situation evolves. Crossroads Care is committed to ensuring all steps are taken to protect the health and wellbeing of all our colleagues and customers.
Just as we have done previously in preparation for and during virus outbreaks, Crossroads Care continues to work closely with Health Authorities, UKHCA and Care Regulators in order to protect colleagues and customers and maintain service delivery.
Advice for prevention
At the time of writing this notice, there has been a number of cases reported in the UK and this number is steadily rising. However, as with any other virus, the best way to prevent infection and spread is to avoid being exposed to it. You can help to prevent the spread of any respiratory outbreak by doing the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin straight away, or sneeze into the bend of your elbow, then wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with persons who have respiratory illness symptoms.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you are unwell, stay at home and contact the 111 Coronavirus helpline (valid in all countries of the UK)
- If you are asked to self-isolate please follow the NHS Advice
- If a member of staff has a positive confirmed diagnosis of Coronavirus the local Crossroads Care office will prepare a list of all customers and staff the affected person has been in contact with for at least the preceding 14 days and report this to the 111 Coronavirus helpline.
For those who need to travel, please stay current with COVID-19 developments and travel advice found at the Gov.uk website. Exercise caution while traveling, practice the above prevention points.
Useful links for further up to date information
For the most up-to-date information you can visit The Department of Health and Social Care or see the below links for various official sources.
- Gov.uk – Action Plan
- World Health Organisation
- For comprehensive information about COVID-19, please visit:
- Easy read downloads on government rule to stay at home and self-isolating
As epidemics/pandemics can change quickly and unpredictably, it will be important to stay updated on the latest Crossroads Care information regarding COVID-19. It is our intent to not overload you with information, but we will make regular updates as and when necessary.